Pro Wrestling Only

Alleged Batista autobiography preview...WTF

Bix

True, Batista's got him beat on the scummy part of it. Bret, from what I've read, seems more numerous than a lot of other guys in that category, though, because he truly used women as a substitute to other drugs and mentioned that he did take steroids, but "only" from '85-'89. Batista, on the other hand...

I don't recall Julie having cancer. Bret may have been very unfaithful but Batista cheated on his SICK wife.

Bret's wife was sick, too, if you count a sick love for Twinkies.

To be serious, though, and I'm sure some dudes will get pissy over this. Batists did say, for whatever it's worth, that they had major relationship problems before she was diagnosed with cancer.

If you and your wife are having relationship issues, things are strained, whatever, and then she gets cancer, what are you supposed to do? Put all that aside and fall instantly back in love and turn it into some Lifetime movie where a couple is brought from the brink of divorce by The Big C? This isn't Oprah, dudes. The guy was probably going to end up cheating anyway. Cheating's not right, to be sure, but the "omg he cheated on his wife and she had cancer!!!" talking point is a little weak, all things considered.

Substitute "got divorced" with "cheated." Is it still wrong?

Yes. Obviously.

It's not that obvious, Oprah.

It's extremely obvious. Cheating is what a big pussy like Batista does because he doesn't have the balls to just end things or to work it out. Just think of how you'd react to someone telling you they were divorced vs. they're currently cheating on their spouse. That's a world of difference.

Anyways. The more I learn about Batista the more I can't stand him. He's just a smug dickhead if you ask me.

Just to confirm the (hopefully) obvious, this excerpt from the book....

"Now, don't get me wrong, my ex-wife is the love of my life and I would never knowingly hurt her. However, while I was busting my butt on the road like a dog, she would sit around the house and do nothing. I mean, yeah, she had cancer, but she couldn't vacuum? And since the chemo made her "not in the mood", I had no choice but to have threesomes on the road. I mean, she's talented and I hated to see her waste her life like that when she could be a dancer, or maybe a nurse. But she's not a bad person and I take full responsibility for my actions, even though it was her fault."

....couldn't possibly be real, could it?

Yes. Obviously.

It's not that obvious, Oprah.

It's extremely obvious. Cheating is what a big pussy like Batista does because he doesn't have the balls to just end things or to work it out. Just think of how you'd react to someone telling you they were divorced vs. they're currently cheating on their spouse. That's a world of difference.

Anyways. The more I learn about Batista the more I can't stand him. He's just a smug dickhead if you ask me.

And if he "just ended things," Internet Sir Gallahads like you and the previous guy there would be like "OMG he divorced his cancer stricken flower of a wife."

"Now, don't get me wrong, my ex-wife is the love of my life and I would never knowingly hurt her. However, while I was busting my butt on the road like a dog, she would sit around the house and do nothing. I mean, yeah, she had cancer, but she couldn't vacuum? And since the chemo made her "not in the mood", I had no choice but to have threesomes on the road. I mean, she's talented and I hated to see her waste her life like that when she could be a dancer, or maybe a nurse. But she's not a bad person and I take full responsibility for my actions, even though it was her fault."

Loosely translated: "I'll take the blame because I'm supposed to, even though my wife's a cunt."

I hope that's a fake excerpt.

More to the point, doesn't chemo really wear a person down? Is he really going to get on his wife's case from being worn down by the chemo to the point where she couldn't vacuum? I mean, that's a really nasty thing to say about his wife when she was undergoing something so difficult he can't even fathom. If there's anybody being a cunt in this instance, it's Batista (not that I thought JHawk were calling Batista's wife a cunt, just saying).

I thought that excerpt has been shot down already?

More to the point, doesn't chemo really wear a person down? Is he really going to get on his wife's case from being worn down by the chemo to the point where she couldn't vacuum? I mean, that's a really nasty thing to say about his wife when she was undergoing something so difficult he can't even fathom. If there's anybody being a cunt in this instance, it's Batista (not that I thought JHawk were calling Batista's wife a cunt, just saying).

The treatment for cancer is actually worse than having cancer in a lot of ways. It just destroys people. Seeing my grandfather go through it was enough to make me decide that if I ever got cancer I wasn't going to seek treatment.

They really need to advertise that passage on air, the way they advertised the Flair burrying Foley stuff on air to hype Flair's book. As really that kind of women hating douchebaggness would appeal to a big segment of the WWE's target audience and help respark his babyface run.

I thought that excerpt has been shot down already?

Yeah, it was.

To be fair, guys, I was really really run down and tired the other day but I still managed to vacuum and steam clean one room of my casa.

What a coincidence! I've got guests coming by today, and I managed to get their room vacuumed AND dusted despite my seasonal affective disorder acting up.

To be fair, guys, I was really really run down and tired the other day but I still managed to vacuum and steam clean one room of my casa.

What a coincidence! I've got guests coming by today, and I managed to get their room vacuumed AND dusted despite my seasonal affective disorder acting up.

You, sir, are a hero.

You, sir, are a hero.

Only if he manged to squeeze a threesome into his busy schedule too!

You, sir, are a hero.

Only if he manged to squeeze a threesome into his busy schedule too!

Don't you understand what "I've got guests coming by" means?

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked this up the other day, and finished it off in two days. It's not bad, but it reminds me of a cross between Flair's and Rock's books. It's really condensed and abridged like Flair's, and like Rock's he doesn't really have a whole lot to say because he's not had much of a career. He's got some good stories, but he more or less just rushed through his childhood and pre-wrestling days.

The line about him having a 3-way while his wife couldn't vaccum may have been removed, I don't recall seeing it in the book, and I was especially looking for it when he mentioned her cancer, and his various cheating exploits. The 'fight' with Booker T was totally dodged, he just made a mention of him not showing him respect and that Booker had earned his respect and that was that. Funilly enough, he also mentions that it was his dream to have a Hell In A Cell match with UT.