Pro Wrestling Only

The WON HOF 2007 thread

Bix

I think he is easily a better worker then Steamboat, can work both babyface and heel really well while Steamboat was strictly a face, has arguably the best punches in wrestling history, and I would take a Dundee punch over a Steamboat chop. I think he is a more impressive flyer too, the top rope Dundee but drop is way nastier then the body press or chop. Plus it is the 80's heel workers (which Dundee was in his most famous stuff) didn't do lots of moves, that was babyface wrestling, still watching Dundee and Mantell work heel tag spots they are more varied and more interesting then Eaton and Condrey who are the gold standard for that stuff. Plus Dundee main evented for years despite being 5'2, all on charisma and skill, and he also didn't have the super roided physique of 80's Ricky Steamboat.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Phil. I've never seen Dundee's work so I can't debate that aspect.

Since Irving Mushnick came up in another folder, has anyone else taken a look at the Jimmy Snuka murder case besides him? The more I think of it I wonder why the mainstream media didn't seem to pick up on this in 1985 when John Stossel was exposing professional wrestling, and Mushnick seems the only person who makes a case of it (or maybe I've missed something). Snuka was never charged, and if he were it would likely fall under voluntary manslaughter and not a straight murder charge.

If the circumstances never existed at all, would Snuka be a viable candidate for the Hall?