Pro Wrestling Only

Benoit brain examination findings to be released tomorrow

Bix

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if the meds and insurance paperwork written about at the beginning of the entry have been picked up by the friend and Tracy is too crazy or lazy to pick them up, why hasn't the friend simply taken them to Smothers if he really is that messed up?

Not that I want to completely believe most of what his girlfriend wrote, but if the above is true and Tracy actually is in a capable enough mindset to realize he needs the items his friend has and he still hasn't made the effort to retrieve them, I can't feel too sorry for his lazyness. Unless he's so crazy/mentally unstable to handle such a task.

Guest BilJim2

I'm pretty sure the question has been answered. Just because nobody is talking about it with you, James Cornelius Brambilla,

Are you retarded or something? Is this funny in your little sorry world? Wait- if it's going to mean more PMs from you, then please don't answer.

I saw the letter on CZWFans in this thread:

http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=25720

People can believe that there are items out there about it- I asked for specifics. Haven't seen any yet.

People can say they heard a story from their e-friend about Tracy's behavior where, quite frankly, if it's a friend of Chris's I could certainly envision someone wanting to kill them while simultaneously looking for a booking- but the guy gets booked constantly. He's not off in his own world, he works all over the place. Hell, the Blue Meanie was on Classics and it's obvious he's in the dark about it. And Meanie is someone who actually knows the guy in person and has worked with him.

The one main source is a woman with a definite bias and apparently, since there's supposedly a book being written, a possible ulterior motive and a separate agenda.

Note that I never wrote that Tracy doesn't have problems. I do, however, question the motivations behind this online campaign to get Tracy help while making sure to plug the book idea. There's a real world out there, you know...and that's where she should be going for help, not sharing Tracy's private supposed struggles with a bunch of sociopaths and strangers.

the guy gets booked constantly. He's not off in his own world, he works all over the place. Hell, the Blue Meanie was on Classics and it's obvious he's in the dark about it. And Meanie is someone who actually knows the guy in person and has worked with him.

I hope that you realize how ridiculous this statement is in a Chris Benoit thread.

Guest BilJim2

the guy gets booked constantly. He's not off in his own world, he works all over the place. Hell, the Blue Meanie was on Classics and it's obvious he's in the dark about it. And Meanie is someone who actually knows the guy in person and has worked with him.

I hope that you realize how ridiculous this statement is in a Chris Benoit thread.

The idea that some statement could be ridiculous on a pro wrestling message board is ridiculous in and of itself. :)

Not to beat that dead horse but I've read a lot more stories about Benoit and what led to that situation than any of the agenda driven posts I've read here and elsewhere, along with the third hand information people claim they've heard about. Not apples and oranges, but still...and especially after Benoit, people are going to be more aware of odd behaviors and not write shit off like they apparently did with him. Comparing the introverted Benoit with Tracy Smothers is also ridiculous- as I've met the guy more than once, and withdrawn isn't something I'd use to describe the guy.

Go check that Classics thread again, there's at least three shills in it and Tracy himself has denied all of this- but only if you hear some stupid radio show!

Come on, people...consider the source.

Having both worked with Tracy in person and had a dumb online arguement with the ex-girlfriend in question, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. The dude is clearly carrying around some fairly impressive mental cobwebs, since he often has trouble with memory and a fierce temper. But having also dealt a little bit with the woman who wrote the letter, she came off to me like someone who lives in their own little world which only has a nodding relationship with reality, and she'll cheerfully tell you a preposterous lie right to your face and expect you to believe it. Beau James' letter refutes at least a couple of her claims.

One thing which makes me suspect her is her assertation that he's been having a whole lot of mini-strokes, including while wrestling in the ring and while driving a car. It's very unlikely that this could occur and yet still allow Tracy to just get up, dust himself off, and make it to the next show. Transient ischemic attacks have wide-ranging symptoms which commonly include temporary blindness, partial paralysis, and is almost always accompanied by loss of conciousness. You can't have several of these happen and then go about your life without anyone else noticing that something's different. Also, she repeatedly refers to his medication as "blood pressure pills" and "seizure medication", when stroke patients are usually on anticoagulants.

Is Tracy severely brain damaged? Of course. But I think the ex is telling some fibs about the details of the problems.

I'm pretty sure the question has been answered. Just because nobody is talking about it with you, James Cornelius Brambilla,

Are you retarded or something? Is this funny in your little sorry world? Wait- if it's going to mean more PMs from you, then please don't answer.

I saw the letter on CZWFans in this thread:

http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=25720

People can believe that there are items out there about it- I asked for specifics. Haven't seen any yet.

People can say they heard a story from their e-friend about Tracy's behavior where, quite frankly, if it's a friend of Chris's I could certainly envision someone wanting to kill them while simultaneously looking for a booking- but the guy gets booked constantly. He's not off in his own world, he works all over the place. Hell, the Blue Meanie was on Classics and it's obvious he's in the dark about it. And Meanie is someone who actually knows the guy in person and has worked with him.

The one main source is a woman with a definite bias and apparently, since there's supposedly a book being written, a possible ulterior motive and a separate agenda.

Note that I never wrote that Tracy doesn't have problems. I do, however, question the motivations behind this online campaign to get Tracy help while making sure to plug the book idea. There's a real world out there, you know...and that's where she should be going for help, not sharing Tracy's private supposed struggles with a bunch of sociopaths and strangers.

I'm just saying (without name calling) that people HAVE been talking about the state of Smothers' brain condition, here and elsewhere, with specifics. Not just this Renee chick, but people close to him. There is legitimate concern for his well being from others besides this flaky ex-girlfriend. Just because you're burying your head in the sand when they're given does not mean that they haven't been.

I don't recall anybody stating that this chick's intentions are 100% good and pure, but that doesn't detract from the fact that this dude does have problems. It's not just the ex-girlfriend, it's been talked about elsewhere for some time, and frankly, your defenses of "He's worked in all sorts of locker rooms, and nobody's noticed anything wrong!" seems even more ludicrous in a Chris Benoit thread considering none of Benoit's colleagues considered him a candidate to snap and kill his family and then himself. It's especially silly when there actually have been people who have worked with Smothers and expressed concern that the dude has serious problems. But hey, don't let specifics and examples get in the way of the great dick waving you're doing here!

Yes, but exaggerating the problem, misidentifying the specific cause and symptoms, that stuff can be nearly as bad as ignoring the problem altogether. You have to precisely identify what is wrong and how wrong it is.

That sounds more like a doctor's job than her job. All she can speak on is what she's seeing from him.

Guest BilJim2

I'm just saying (without name calling) that people HAVE been talking about the state of Smothers' brain condition, here and elsewhere, with specifics. Not just this Renee chick, but people close to him. There is legitimate concern for his well being from others besides this flaky ex-girlfriend. Just because you're burying your head in the sand when they're given does not mean that they haven't been.

I don't recall anybody stating that this chick's intentions are 100% good and pure, but that doesn't detract from the fact that this dude does have problems. It's not just the ex-girlfriend, it's been talked about elsewhere for some time, and frankly, your defenses of "He's worked in all sorts of locker rooms, and nobody's noticed anything wrong!" seems even more ludicrous in a Chris Benoit thread considering none of Benoit's colleagues considered him a candidate to snap and kill his family and then himself. It's especially silly when there actually have been people who have worked with Smothers and expressed concern that the dude has serious problems. But hey, don't let specifics and examples get in the way of the great dick waving you're doing here!

You're really a special kind of stupid. At least be consistent in one post.

I asked for specifics here- hell, a link would have been nice. Never saw one. That's not burying your head, you halfwit.

The one person doing the most horn blowing about this (Renee) has the most to gain, by her own admission.

There's no dick waving here, which is probably what upsets you the most. Show me these concerns, link me, whatever...rather than making your stupid grandiose statements that I'm in kind of a denial when I'm the one person asking for more information.

Try reading what I write- I wrote in a previous post that I'm not saying Tracy doesn't have problems, my entire line here has been to consider THE source- Renee. Then try responding rationally rather than hormonally.

Christ, Jingus gets it. Go read his posts about it since you've obviously got your own agenda with mine.

http://muchnick.net/babylon/2008/04/08/chr...nd-concussions/

Much of the discussion about Chris Benoit, in my view, is misguided in that it’s demanding that people take sides on an explanation. Drugs? Concussions? The punishing travel and mental stress? Independent domestic issues? Few of life’s mysteries can be clarified by a single magic bullet.

Michael Benoit, Chris’s father, is pushing the concussion research that he believes is the key to the irrational behavior of his life after friend Eddie Guerrero died, and to why Chris snapped in June 2007. Considering everything the Benoit family has gone through, and how committed and public-spirited Mike Benoit is about spreading the word on this problem, I believe his viewpoint deserves due deference.

Yesterday wrestling websites had this link — www.tracysmothers.biz/ — to a terrifying account by Tracy Smothers’ ex-girlfriend of his descent into madness, almost certainly the result of serial concussions. I passed it along to Mike, who wrote back:

“This is so sad. I will try with all my contacts to reach Tracy. Perhaps we can save him. This is only the tip of the iceberg. I believe that there are a number of active wrestlers that have various degrees of brain damage. Without regulation this will only continue.”

Guest BilJim2

Thank you. Was that so hard? :)

Of course that's her doing all the writing that got Mike Benoit so concerned, but still the info is out there.

BTW She responded in that Classics thread and comes off even worse. I did this, I did that, I make more than Tracy...whatever message she's trying to get across is just diluted by her own personality.

Huh? He didn't call you names in any of the bolded sentences. Besides which, I think he was referring specifically to your real name - Jim Brambilla - which, when uttered on the internet, causes you to get needlessly and hilariously shook up. As though by saying your name - Jim Brambilla - you will now be bound to do my bidding, though I'm quite sure what good that would do me or anyone else, so even were it true, it would be a needless worry on your part. That would be the part of you - Jim Brambilla.

As for other sources on Smothers' defective dome, just type his name into the search engine on this very message board, and you'll probably find more talk about that than about anything he's actually done as a wrestler. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some discussion of it earlier in this very thread. Again, just because you - Jim Brambilla - have not heard of this story up until now, does not automatically mean nobody else has. It would be a huge mistake for you - Jim Brambilla - to assume that your experiences in life - be they not knowing about Tracey Smothers' widely publicized mental problems or bragging to Johnathan Snowden that you were raping his son for some reason - are universal.

Guest BilJim2

Huh? He didn't call you names in any of the bolded sentences. Besides which, I think he was referring specifically to your real name - Jim Brambilla - which, when uttered on the internet, causes you to get needlessly and hilariously shook up. As though by saying your name - Jim Brambilla - you will now be bound to do my bidding, though I'm quite sure what good that would do me or anyone else, so even were it true, it would be a needless worry on your part. That would be the part of you - Jim Brambilla.

As for other sources on Smothers' defective dome, just type his name into the search engine on this very message board, and you'll probably find more talk about that than about anything he's actually done as a wrestler. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was some discussion of it earlier in this very thread. Again, just because you - Jim Brambilla - have not heard of this story up until now, does not automatically mean nobody else has. It would be a huge mistake for you - Jim Brambilla - to assume that your experiences in life - be they not knowing about Tracey Smothers' widely publicized mental problems or bragging to Johnathan Snowden that you were raping his son for some reason - are universal.

You're even more retarded. Go brag to your e-friends about this post, you should be so proud of it. My name really really bothers me... :blink:

Sad that you'd get this angry when I wasn't even talking to you, but what the hey. Sorry you're so enraged by me asking something fairly simple, which was actually provided.

Raping Snowden's son? WTF are you talking about?? On second thought, I don't need or want an answer, I got the info I asked for, I'm done here. Good God you're sick...

Posted Image

I thought the "Jim Brambilla" stuff was a just parody of Mr. Schemer back in the day calling BostonIdol "Frank Jewett" over and over again in a post as if Frank gave a shit.

Jim vs. Snowden would make for good ants & maggots stuff, though.

On topic again...

Is Muchnick contradicting himself?

"There is no single magic bullet."

"But lets cut a lot of slack to Mr. Benoit's concussion theory as the magic bullet."

John

by Mike Johnson @ 1:04 PM on 4/11/2008

Chris Nowinski's Sports Legacy Institute issued the following announcement today:

WWE STEPS UP TO THE PLATE

Chris Nowinski has heard from anonymous professional wrestlers in World Wrestling Entertainment that WWE management has instituted a concussion management program. At a mandatory meeting for all performers in early March WWE performers took a computerized neuropsychological testing protocol, which evaluates such things as memory, cognitive skills, and reaction time. They will be re-tested aggressively every 6 months to look for long term issues, as well as re-tested after suspected concussions to help determine when it is safe to return to in-ring action. Nowinski heard conflicting reports of whether or not any concussion education was provided along with the baseline testing. One current wrestler told Chris that if it wasn't for recent concussion awareness efforts by organizations like the SLI, he still wouldn't know what a concussion is or why he took the test.

Congratulations to WWE for taking a proactive step in protecting the health of their athletes. The Sports Legacy Institute is proud that the analysis they performed on the late WWE performer Chris Benoit's brain, which found extensive brain damage caused by concussions and other head trauma, directly led to this action. SLI believes efforts like these will help prevent events similar to the Benoit family tragedy of 2007 from happening in the future.

Upon hearing the news, Chris Benoit's father Michael Benoit said, "I think it's great. I think the industry has to embrace the medical science. If they don't take actions like this, they just care about the talent." SLI encourages other sports leagues to take similar measures to protect athletes, especially youth athletes, and is available at sportslegacy.org to help make it a reality

I'd be surprised if it wasn't true, but it's really out of character for WWE to not issue an obnoxious press release anytime they do something mildly decent.

Eh, I'm not surprised they're keeping this one secret. I mean, if they were to make this public, it would almost be like they were admitting that there might be something to the Michael Benoit defense that Chris went nuts because of the concussions, which even moreso than the steroids, is clearly the part of this story they'd prefer to keep hidden more than anything else. I mean, you could make a case that, as bad as WWF/E has handled their drug problem over the past 25+ years, that their treatment of those who have suffered concussions has been as bad or worse, and any investigation into their past treatment of wrestlers who have suffered concussions would reflect very negatively upon the company, so it doesn't surprise me that they're trying to keep this one out of the news.

Didn't WWE cut ties with Chris Nowinski once his group started suggesting a link between concussions and the murders? It seems odd that they would then do a 180 and basically do what SLI was wanting them to do.

I looked it up, here what the WON said in September:

"If you are wondering how WWE views the work of Chris Nowinski in the Chris Benoit case, the company made the decision this past week to remove Nowinski's name and all of his information and connection with the "Smackdown Your Vote" campaign from its website. He is still under contract with the company, but the expectation is he won't be used anymore for public speaking engagements and he'll never to anything affiliated with the company again. You have to give the guy credit for balls. He could have made his name on examining footbaIl players and left the Benoit case alone, but he was front and center, caIling Michael Benoit, looking to get his okay, even though it was weIl known one of his employers wasn't going to be happy with the idea. "