Pro Wrestling Only

Shawn Michaels 3 Discs DVD Matchlist

sek69

I do wonder, had not all the rope hijinx occurred, how exactly did they plan to air a 2/3 falls match on a one hour show? Was it going to be taped and then shown on Superstars or something in one of those "hey wow something cool happened" style Special Reports or what?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder, had not all the rope hijinx occurred, how exactly did they plan to air a 2/3 falls match on a one hour show? Was it going to be taped and then shown on Superstars or something in one of those "hey wow something cool happened" style Special Reports or what?

Somewhere I read that NBC cut the show from 90 to 60 minutes. Wish I had a source on that.

Anyone notice how pissed Bret was during the Rockers/Harts match? He drops several F bombs in guise of arguing with the referee (again since there is no commentary it's quite obvious what he's saying) In retrospect, with Bret being a perfectionist about his in ring stuff, it's not too hard to figure out that he was upset about how the match was coming off. I don't understand as I think the match is fine, bordering on great.

And yes there is no way that match could have been aired in full on SNME. It would have been edited significantly

I think the thing that Bret was disappointed with in regard to the top rope breaking was that, due to the Rockers going over that night, he felt they should be able to display more high-flying moves and, of course, that didn't get to happen too much. Understandable, for if you're going to move the titles to another team, ideally, you want that team to look as good in that match as possible.

John, I'll try to rewatch that Rockers-Brainbusters match asap.

Anyone notice how pissed Bret was during the Rockers/Harts match? He drops several F bombs in guise of arguing with the referee (again since there is no commentary it's quite obvious what he's saying) In retrospect, with Bret being a perfectionist about his in ring stuff, it's not too hard to figure out that he was upset about how the match was coming off. I don't understand as I think the match is fine, bordering on great.

And yes there is no way that match could have been aired in full on SNME. It would have been edited significantly

The first fall in this match before the ring breaks is absolutely excellent. Sweet false teasing of stuff. Anvil's double clothesline spot was worked to perfection here. Judging by what could've beeen, this looked like it was going to be a best WWF tag team match ever candidate. I really liked some of the ideas they had here. It would've been interesting to see how it shaped up to something like Edge/Mysterio Jr vs Benoit/Angle or the Hart Foundation vs Demolition from Summerslam.

I noticed Bret really arguing with the reff even before the ring breaks so it was initially storyline. Than real life happens with the ring breaking and it makes for more arguing with the reff later on.

I thought the match was still a great showcase overall. However, the 2nd fall is all screwed up as they couldn't do what they want to and there are some messed up spots. Even in the 3rd fall, there's some visisble awkarkness that's not present in any of their other matches. Maybe the ring was still not perfect or perhaps both teams were messed up mentally from the 3rd fall. I too would not want the match to be shown on TV though the first fall is fine. Just do a rematch and tape that.

Cool to hear everyone talking.