Pro Wrestling Only

WCW

ohtani's jacket

The Fall Brawl match is great! I think the only reason people discount that match is because of the whole "first to fall down wins" thing at the very end.

I kinda liked that idea of overtime and sudden death... It was like they fought each other to a stand still. Of course the finish was screwy, with the Tonya Harding gimmick they were doing at the time, but I'd peg it as the third best Sting/Vader after Superbrawl III and GAB '92.

I think people talk less about the latet Sting-Vader matches because the 1992-93 trio have the arc that works well. Vader wins the title. Sting wins at Starcade. Vader wins the strap match. They are all very good, stand out as quailty main events in the US for the era, reflect well on both as workers. By that time you've had three, and it's hard for a later one to feel "fresh"... it's almost like one of them would have done something extraordinary to be talked in the class of the other three just because they had the buzz in people's mind.

My guess is that it would have taken something similar to the 01/04/96 Inoki vs. Vader to do it, probably with Vader winning with a moonsault.

John