Pro Wrestling Only

Britney Spears

Loss

So I doubt there's anything to the rumors, although the WON said that all the Britney talk on TV lately has been planned, and the feeling is that Michael Hayes and Brian Gewirtz know things they're not telling anyone. But between the ridiculous amount of TV ratings it would draw, along with the sure-to-be hilarious stories of her having heat in the WWE locker room for showing up in Shawn's colors or puking on the Undertaker after a drinking binge, I sure hope there's something to it.

What on earth could you possibly do with her on a wrestling show? She obviously couldn't get physically involved, having no prior experience and probably her various producers and insurers wouldn't allow it. Plus, she's completely fucking insane even by wrestling's standards. This is a woman who's shown clear signs of everything from deep depression to bipolar disorder, and displays occasional hints of much worse conditions such as possible schizophrenia or dissociative personality disorder. The LAST thing she needs to do is be on frigging Raw. Not only would it be unhealthy for her, but there's absolutely zero confidence that she'd do what you told her to.

South Park won't make fun of her because they're afraid she'll kill herself

Heh, really? Weird. As vicious bastards as Matt & Trey can be at times, there have been multiple examples of holding off on doing a certain topic because they didn't want to cause serious trouble.

I'm not totally convinced that a lot of Britney Spears stuff isn't worked angles to keep her visible in the tabloids. I'm not saying I don't think she has any problems, but I am saying I think some stories are probably exaggerated or embellished for entertainment value.

That said, I'm just really curious what type of rating RAW would get for a show built around hyping an appearance on live TV from Britney Spears. That's probably the only thing I could think of that could seriously shatter their own TV ratings records.

I'm not totally convinced that a lot of Britney Spears stuff isn't worked angles to keep her visible in the tabloids. I'm not saying I don't think she has any problems, but I am saying I think some stories are probably exaggerated or embellished for entertainment value.

That said, I'm just really curious what type of rating RAW would get for a show built around hyping an appearance on live TV from Britney Spears. That's probably the only thing I could think of that could seriously shatter their own TV ratings records.

Five years ago I'd have agreed with that, but I doubt enough people who aren't already watching Raw every week would tune in just to see Britney. They might hit a 4.0 on the curiosity factor, but much above that's a stretch.