stunning_grover

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Mac...VD-3-Discs.html

----------

He was one of the most controversial superstars in history of sports entertainment, through his complicated relationship with Miss Elizabeth, his dramatic WWE championship tournament run at WrestleMania IV, the formation and explosive breakup of the MegaPowers with Hulk Hogan, his reign as the Macho King, and his shocking jump to WCW. “Macho Man” Randy Savage brought a chaotic poetry to the ring. He’s widely considered one of the finest in-ring competitors of all time, and his interviews were always a sight to behold. For the first time ever, fans can relive the entire storied career in Macho Madness: The Ultimate Randy Savage Collection, a 3-DVD set that spans two decades of exciting and intense matchups.

Disc 1

WWE Debut

Randy Savage vs. Rick McGraw

Prime Time Wrestling July 9, 1985

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

Boston Garden December 7, 1985

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan

Madison Square Garden December 30, 1985

WWE Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship

Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana

Boston Garden February 8, 1986

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Bruno Sammartino

Boston Garden January 3, 1987

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

WrestleMania III March 29, 1987

Randy Savage vs. Honky Tonk Man

The Main Event February 5, 1988

WWE Championship Tournament Final

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase

WrestleMania IV March 27, 1988

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship

Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase

Madison Square Garden June 25, 1988

Disc 2

Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant & Ted DiBiase

SummerSlam August 29, 1988

WWE Championship Match

WrestleMania V April 2, 1989

WWE Championship Match

The Main Event March 22, 1990

Randy Savage / Sherri vs. Dusty Rhodes / Sapphire

WrestleMania VI April 1, 1990

Retirement Match

Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior

WrestleMania VII March 24, 1991

Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts

This Tuesday in Texas December 3, 1991

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair

WrestleMania VIII April 5, 1992

Disc 3

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Shawn Michaels

European Rampage April 19, 1992

Randy Savage / Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair / Shawn Michaels

Worcester, MA July 22, 1992

WWE Championship Match

Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna

RAW February 28, 1994

Lifeguard Match

Bash at the Beach July 16, 1995

WCW Championship Match

Nitro January 22, 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match

Randy Savage vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Great American Bash June 15, 1997

WCW Championship Match

Randy Savage & Sid Vicious vs. Kevin Nash & Sting

Bash at the Beach July 11, 1999

Artwork and match list subject to change

Talk about a mixed bag. There are some matches which are pretty neat to have (Savage vs. Michaels, Savage/Bret vs. Flair/Michaels, Savage/Hogan from 1985) and some which were obvious picks, but I don't get some of the ones that were included.

Savage/Yoko makes no sense to include. It wasn't even Savage's final WWF match.

I could do without ever seeing the Savage/Hogan match from The Main Event, ditto for that tag match at Bash at the Beach.

Talk about a mixed bag. There are some matches which are pretty neat to have (Savage vs. Michaels, Savage/Bret vs. Flair/Michaels, Savage/Hogan from 1985) and some which were obvious picks, but I don't get some of the ones that were included.

Savage/Yoko makes no sense to include. It wasn't even Savage's final WWF match.

I could do without ever seeing the Savage/Hogan match from The Main Event, ditto for that tag match at Bash at the Beach.

Agreed pretty much. They will show the Bash tag match, though, since it's Savage's last WCW title win.

VERY much agreed on Savage-Yoko. Savage's last match with the company would've been better.

I was thinking the same thing about Savage-Bruno. Don't know why that's there. A full recap of the throat injury angle would've been better.

I'm guessing they're putting that Savage-Hogan Main Event match on there, because they love celebrity involvement! (Although calling Buster Douglas a "celebrity" these days feels like it's stretching it.)

• 2 weeks later...
Last night on WO Radio, Meltzer said that he now believes that the Stephanie rumor is true because at this point it's the only story that makes sense and everybody in the company believes it. He also said to "talk to Oliver, because Oliver knows...See, now I got Oliver in trouble!" which I presume is a reference to Oliver Copp, who does MMA stuff for the WO/F4W site and used to be best known as the creator of TNM. Maybe it happened in Germany?

I still don't think it's true. When would Stephanie have even interacted with any of the wrestlers in 1994, and why especially would she have been on an overseas trip? I'm inclined to think there is no explanation, and it's just Vince being weird. And Vince didn't exactly ostracize HHH when he and Stephanie started dating behind his back.

I would still be interested in someone who can confirm what the WON said about Savage's WWF departure at the time.

I still don't think it's true. When would Stephanie have even interacted with any of the wrestlers in 1994, and why especially would she have been on an overseas trip? I'm inclined to think there is no explanation, and it's just Vince being weird. And Vince didn't exactly ostracize HHH when he and Stephanie started dating behind his back.

I would still be interested in someone who can confirm what the WON said about Savage's WWF departure at the time.

Me too, but I never thought that Vince knew at the time if it was true.

Er Bix, why would a teenage Stephanie be in Germany at the same time as Randy Savage?

It's not that ridiculous to think that she may have gone on a European tour as a vacation of sorts. And yes, Savage was on the last German tour before he left.

Or I'm just reading too much into the mention of Oliver Copp "knowing the story." Has Oliver said anything on the F4W boards about it since last night?

I was surprised by Meltzer saying that, I always thought it was just one of those DVDVR Sleaze Thread rumors. Can someone remind me what the specific story is supposed to be? All I can remember is that it's something to do with Macho Man sticking his pee-pee in young Stephanie's hoo-haa, when she was 18 at the very oldest.

"At this time, obviously conspicuous by his absence, is the Macho Man Randy Savage. I'd like to announce, unfortunately, that Randy Savage has been unable to sign a contract with the World Wrestling Federation, not... unable to, rather, come to terms with the World Wrestling Federation for a new contract. But Randy, I know you're out there listening, and on behalf of all of us here in the World Wrestling Federation, all of your fans, and certainly, me, the number one fan, I'd like to say, thank you for all of your positive contributions to the World Wrestling Federation, thank you, Randy Savage, for all the wonderful memories for so many years here in the World Wrestling Federation. We wish you nothing but the best. Godspeed, and good luck."

-Vince McMahon, 11/07/94 Raw

Sound like something you'd say to someone you just fired because he was fucking your 17 year old daughter? Setting aside that Vince is really fucked in the head, he was *that* fucked in the head back in 1994 to put over Randy like that.

Macho signed with WCW in the middle of Novermber 1994 for around $400K base, which was large money at the time since wrestling was really down. He had been talking to WCW before that.

I think the "hate" that Vince worked up over Savage came later. He was fond of him when he left. At the time, Eric was throwing some big cash around for Hogan and Savage. Vince wasn't remotely in the Billion Dollar Ted mode at that point as everyone thought Eric would just spend himself out of business at that point even with a few deals like that. Vince also thought he had The Next Big Thing in Nash.

It's possible that Dave is joking in the stuff above. It's hard to imagine him buying the bullshit on this one.

John

I transcribed Dave's comments on this from Monday night, complete with "you know"s and "I mean"s out the wazoo, and he doesn't seem to be joking at all, except maybe the Oliver thing. I don't know what that's about.

"I think that the reason is the same reason that everyone says. It's the reason everyone in the company says. It's the reason that is the only one that makes any sense. So I think that's the reason. I can't come up with any other reason. I don't know. I mean, I've heard that reason from so many people that are not internet rumormongers, I mean people who - all I know is that within the company as far as the top people, they all believe it, and nobody knows for sure, because it's never brought up...When I first heard the story I didn't believe it because I thought it was just some story, but then, and I mean even when people who are very high up in that company, after they left the company, would tell me that story I still didn't believe it, but, you know, after a certain number of years when it's just, you know, ideas are brought up for Randy Savage and the reaction - there's something real, real bad because, let's face it, I mean, I couldn't count the number of times Vince said he would never do business with Hulk Hogan, and he always does. So, I don't know...Actually, as time goes by, more people talk about it trying to say that it didn't happen. You should ask Oliver, 'cause Oliver knows."

Whatever he knows, Oliver ain't talking. (From a thread about his MMA podcast, his replies are in bold)

"Good show but needed some Randy Savage talk."

"Not going to happen, sorry."

"I will spill the beans for 10 lortabs.....they must be 10mg Blue Watson... "

"You can drug me and I won't talk about it. Let it go. Please."

"Cryptic"

"No, not cryptic. Just let it go. Nothing to see here."

Also...who posted about it in the sleaze thread? I've been told that the rumor originated in the company, and based on what Dave says, I presume he never heard about it until after the sleaze thread. Part of me wonders if the post in the sleaze thread was a joke and it just happened to be true.

So now it seems that for whatever reason, Oliver Copp has the best knowledge of what happened, but...why? How does a German TV announcer/part time computer programmer turned MMA reporter know the specifics that eluded Dave Meltzer and a large amount of current and former WWE personnel?

More likely a joke that's become "true" just by being retold.

There are times where I just don't get Dave's "everybody believes it's true so it must be" nonsense. Most people in wrestling thought UFC was a work early. Then they thought they weren't really tough and the toughest guys in pro wrestling could take them. Dave use to laugh that stuff off. That and more... and endless string of things that people in the business believed that Dave would laugh off.

I'd be interested in the answer to the questions above.

John