Pro Wrestling Only

Flair to wrestle for Hulkamania promotion

Boondocks Kernoodle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conbraco isn't a bank, nor is Highspots. Look at the list of stuff that Ric is putting up for the loan. This is "Crack Head Celebrity Going To The Pawn Shop" level. Clearly Ric hasn't paid off Conbraco either.

Since this isn't a bank and is going the memorbillia route to a couple of money marks/loansharks, it makes you wonder if all the stuff that allegedly had Ric "loaded" to the tunes of "millions" has already been used at collateral for loans from banks.

I look forward to reading Ric's bankruptcy filing once it hits Pacer.

John

Reid will probably end up in WWE before long as a favor to Ric, and then Reid will be paying for both his and his old man's drug and drinking habits.

And it seems like the best thing that could ever have happened to David was for him to get out of the wrestling business... he may have saved himself from the same fate.

I don't think WWE would touch Reid with a barge pole. Even with their family pedigree Teddy Hart and Lacey Von Erich never got past development for being headcases. Maybe he'll be given a second chance one day like Teddy Hart, but if he's still a headcase with a heroin addiction, then he still won't make TV.

The problem Ric has is that he needs more money (or at least more freedom to do outside gigs to supplement his income) than WWE will ever give to him at this stage in his career. Which means we'll see more of the same, Flair milking the indy mark promoters dry, while doing an occasional WWE foray here and there, until those indy marks run dry and he's forced to consider going to TNA.

Time to bust out Dave's "Ric Is Loaded" line that never passed the laugh test.

John

In fairness, there is a good chance that Ric is loaded as we speak, just not in the sense Dave meant.

This whole thing reminds me of the scene in Raging Bull where LaMotta takes a hammer to his championship belt so he can pawn the stones.

Guess the Torch Board write who is quite unhappy that someone posted in the Mitchell Forum about Ric's beltgate:

Yeah, and I bet Ric's led a better life than any sack of sh1t who would indulge siuch gleeful schadenfreude at the expense of someone that's provided us such quantity of entertainment over the years. I said this guy was a total @$$hole years ago, and the confirmation just keeps rolling in. Why not go buy a "whooo" ticket and drop dead, suck@$$?

Who are any of you to judge?

Do you know all the facts?

Is compassion in your vocabulary?

These are questions you should ask yourselves...

That's because you have no talent and could never imagine yourself in such a position. And who says they're cherished possessions? To a mark, maybe. Can't take 'em with you.

Again, you don't know all the facts. Just like I don't know for a fact that the doucher that started this thread strokes his pu$$y while watching Kawada tapes. I just strongly suspect it.

Not 100% his normal posting style, since he's a little madder than usual. But I think it comes through.

John

From F4W board:

Ric has retirement accounts, all came out in the divorce with Beth, that are worth significnt money, but he is living check to check and apparently borrowing like crazy because he can't touch it.

He has huge expenses between monthly alimony and other very significant major family bills. That's why he quit WWE in the first place was because he had to make whatever money he could when he was hot.

From F4W board:

Ric has retirement accounts, all came out in the divorce with Beth, that are worth significnt money, but he is living check to check and apparently borrowing like crazy because he can't touch it.

He has huge expenses between monthly alimony and other very significant major family bills. That's why he quit WWE in the first place was because he had to make whatever money he could when he was hot.

The "significant retirement accounts" would be at least half Beth's if they existed when they divorced. And if they can't be touched, it's only because it was also of value to Beth to not touch them until the matured.

While his alimony and other "family bills" aren't likely cheap, let's be honest in saying that Ric has also been blowing money check-to-check to continue to Live The Lifestyle. That included Wife #3, and Current Hottie (unless he's moved onto Next Hottie since them).

Ric is 61. It's not like you can't touch your retirement money until your 95. The "retirement accounts" song and dance isn't going to last much longer.

"apparently borrowing like crazy"

You would think that throwing out that line would make someone slow down to think.

John

Well, it's wrestling so it's obviously not some sort of employer-related retirement account. It's probably something like a CD (maybe that he invested in w/ Beth) that has a big penalty.

Figured it might be Madden that you quoted but I wasn't sure if "cornettefan" as username was sarcasm...

However much Flair has tied up in retirement accounts, I doubt it's enough to pay for his lifestyle and the consequences of his lifestyle. Which means things probably aren't going to get any better for him long term, unless Vince takes pity on him like he did with Jim Barnett and Superstar Billy Graham (well, until the financial crisis hit at least).

F4W:

Sources close to Hulk Hogan have informed us that he will be making a big announcement today at his press conference in Madison Square Garden scheduled to start in a few minutes.

Secretly, there were banners for both Spike TV and TNA being put up as a backdrop minutes ago in MSG.

Sources close to the situation say Hogan has inked a deal with TNA and that more will come out in his announcement. Hogan is believed to be not the only big name signed although he may be the only one announced today.

Dixie Carter at the press conference in Madison Square Garden just made the announcement of Hogan signing with TNA. Spike TV people are now speaking at the press conference.