Pro Wrestling Only

Flair to wrestle for Hulkamania promotion

Boondocks Kernoodle

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hogan and Flair booked this tour in 10 North American cities -- say NY, Boston, Philly, Charlotte, Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Minneapolis, LA, and two Canadian markets -- could they draw 3,500 per night? Assuming tickets were priced fairly and the undercard remains the same as the Ausie tour.

3500 paid at full price?

No. Not without a tv show behind them booking it well.

I'm not sure that Flair Fans in Charlotte want to come out to see Ric get pinned by Hulk. Perhaps some other cites, but I don't think the average would get up above 3500.

I also wonder what the cost would be on those shows, and where break even is. Hulk always lards these up with his buddies, who aren't working for free. The Nasties and Jimmy Hart were on this one. Bischoff was involved. Adds up.

Could Rock-Austin draw 3500 fully paid in 10 cities with no TV?

I'm not sure they would.

So as much as we would want to laugh at Hulk, Ric and Eric over such an idea, it's just a really tough business model.

John

I don't think anyone in the Kiel was making Hulk and Ric's appearance fees of today. :) Seriously, I don't Terry gets in the ring for less than $100K a match on average these days. And he's probably smart: wanting his money up front, with the exception of Vince's PPV bonuses (which I recall Terry not being happy with the $$$ from at least one of them earlier in the decade).

John

I dunno. A lot of people speculated (probably correctly) that he was juicing during his last WWE run just so that his body wouldn't start looking any worse than it already did, but never really thought of him as having a GH gut then, so I'd guess it's either not a GH gut, or he changed up what he was taking in a way that would cause a GH gut that he didn't seem to have in the WWE. Worth noting that one of the big reasons wrestlers turn to steroids/HGH is because they are expected to maintain incredible physiques, but do not have nearly the time necessary to do so naturally due to their hectic schedule, with this being primarily true in the WWE. Flair's schedule has been far more lax since retirement, and even now that he's out of retirement, the Hulkamania tour seems like it would be far less grueling than working WWE full time would be. That's not to say he's not on something - it's professional wrestling, no one is above suspicion - but it is possible for a 60 year old man to have that body with the right combo of genetics and dedication without drugs. So you can draw your own conclusions about that, whatever they may be.

I'd also wager that he had access to better stuff in WWE as well. Not to mention Flair's well known money problems probably have him shopping at Wal-Mart rather than Macy's these days.

• 2 months later...

Unclear from reading this if Ric was the victim of the assault ...

Pro wrestler Ric Flair's wife arrested on assault charge

By Steve Lyttle

[email protected]

Posted: Monday, Feb. 22, 2010

Jacqueline Beems, wife of former pro wrestler Ric Flair.

The wife of former professional wrestling champion Ric Flair was arrested overnight in an apparent domestic assault case, police say.

Jacqueline Beems, 41, was charged with misdemeanor assault, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police.

Beems and Flair were married about three months ago.

WCNC-TV, the Observer's news partner, says police received a domestic violence call about 11:40 p.m. Sunday at the Flairs' house near Colony and Rea roads. No additional information is available.

Flair and Beems met in 2004 in Chicago and dated until they married Nov. 11. Each was married previously.

Flair, whose given name is Richard Morgan Fliehr, has been involved in other police incidents. In September 2008, he received cuts and bruises and his 23-year-old daughter was arrested in connection with a dispute that also involved a 22-year-old man at a Raleigh apartment complex.

And in November 2005, Flair was charged in connection with an incident on Interstate 485 in south Charlotte. In that case, he was accused of grabbing another motorist by the neck.

Meltzer's story in today's Observer is such a non-story, going into less detail than he did on the radio show. Case in point:

Exactly what the two were arguing about was unclear. Friends said no such incidents had taken place in the past and he had always spoken glowingly of her.

What did I say about the wrestling media doing their usual great job of covering for Flair? :lol:

The truth without contradictions/conspicuous omissions.

There's a big difference between "Ric was drunk, a waitress offered to drive him home, Jackie was jealous of the waitress for some reason, and it spiraled from there" and "nobody knows what caused the fight."