Pro Wrestling Only

The "Confirmed Stories of Triple H Being A Total Douchebag" Thread

sek69

Same reason that Angle never paired up with Steph properly. It wasn't credible for super stud HHH to have his ex wife shacked up with another wrestler. He also might have been paranoid about fiction becoming reality again.

Oh, if only Steph had cheated on Triple H with Jericho or Angle, resulting in an ugly divorce... Oh, how things would have been different these past ten years...

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, duh: In the only known incident of HHH injuring someone besides the JR match, there was the incident where he blasted Chris Benoit and referee Jack Doan with unusually hard chairshots to the head, knocking them out (and Benoit was unable to stand up on his own for several minutes after regaining consciousness).

The HHH as a huge Flair fan stuff always cracked me up, because I always thought it was put on. He was from New Hampshire and spent his teen years obsessed with bodybuilding. What in that equation screams NWA fan? And really, aside from being a top heel and loving the blade for a while, what about his wrestling style or his interviews suggests that he modeled himself after Flair?

The kneedrop of course...

Well, he got it from Harley actually, likewise the facial hair at one point.

From Flair ? Hum... Before he'll retire, he'll probably have a similar world title number under his belt, or even more, even though they don't mean anything really.

I don't see either.

Oh yeah, he loves to do long matches.

Except he can't do them (if you expect the miraculous one hour match with Rock which was all about smokes and mirrors and Rock becoming really good at that point).

The HHH as a huge Flair fan stuff always cracked me up, because I always thought it was put on. He was from New Hampshire and spent his teen years obsessed with bodybuilding. What in that equation screams NWA fan? And really, aside from being a top heel and loving the blade for a while, what about his wrestling style or his interviews suggests that he modeled himself after Flair?

The HHH bodybuilding stuff is also hilarious. Anybody remember the ultra-homoerotic HHH/Steiner posedown in 2003 where they wore sweatpants because they didn't have the developed legs bodybuilders do? I'm not at all a bodybuilding fan but I always found that funny.

HHH bashing has gone "out of fashion" on many boards, but really has he ever credibly put anyone over? You'd think someone with a "mind for the business" as he is often credited would be able to put people over 1/10 of the level Foley did for him in 2000. I think HHH sees his character as the promotional ace but doesn't understand why other promotional aces (Hogan, Misawa, etc) had the connection with the fans that he lacks.

And about Triple H being a douche, what about the obviously unsincere, forced "emotionnal" tribute to Owen ? Not to say he wasn't shaken by Owen's death, but he tried way too hard to look like he loved Owen so much.

Oh god... I forgot about that one. Jesus... that one was awful.

John

And about Triple H being a douche, what about the obviously unsincere, forced "emotionnal" tribute to Owen ? Not to say he wasn't shaken by Owen's death, but he tried way too hard to look like he loved Owen so much.

Oh god... I forgot about that one. Jesus... that one was awful.

I always figure that was the tribute being talked about when references to an insincere one were made.

Oh, if only Steph had cheated on Triple H with Jericho or Angle, resulting in an ugly divorce... Oh, how things would have been different these past ten years...

We use to joke about Steph becoming the Eric Kane of the WWF/WWE. There would have been nothing wrong with her getting divorced from Trip, hook up with others, but every few years get remarried to Trip. Steph going Biker Girl hooking up with Taker would have been a hoot, with Vince going batshit over Taker turning his little girl into White Trash. The could even have gotten a fake tat on Steph that would have to be "laser removed" after she broke up with Taker.

Jericho... I don't know how well that would have worked as Chris just didn't have any charisma with her, likely because he probably though she was a giant pain in the ass. ;) Big contrast to the charisma he had with Trish, which is another storyline the WWE fucked up seven ways to Sunday.

Kurt, on the other hand... they had good interaction.

Of course one of the more interesting ones they could have done was her and Eric. They didn't go far with that one, but early on there was a good hate vibe between the two, which could have turned into quality Mortal Enemy Luv. :) And also drive Vince nuts that his baby girl is sleeping with his old WCW Enemy.

This shit isn't that hard, and they could have written so many storylines with different wrestlers having different relationships and charisma with her that it would have kept her interesting for years.

Trip was of course afraid that the other person in the storyline would end up banging her in real life, and he's lose his meal ticket. After all... he ended up banging her in real life when they started doing a storyline together.

Yeah... "Paranoid, Delusional" needs to be added to the front of "Douchbag". :)

John

Another HHH story that gets ignored a lot now for obvious reasons: When Benoit jumped from WCW, HHH obviously couldn't put a label on him of bad worker, so he started telling people that Benoit was good, and capable of having a great match, but only if he was carried by someone better. That lasted maybe a few days. After the really good Benoit/HHH Smackdown match and the 10-man tag, he dropped that.

I believe he also made it a point to tell everyone that Punk's wrestling style looked "simulated" when he first came in.

Godfather and Road Dogg talking about smoking pot in honor of Owen, and Billy Gunn saying "If you're not down with Owen Hart, I got two words for you ... suck it" I think were the worst moments of the tribute show.

And I know this is old news, but wow, Stephanie McMahon compared her father's steroid trial to 9/11. That's easy to forget sometimes.

Just for the sake of clarity, one was the Owen show and the other was the 9/11 show, but it's interesting how they treat every tragedy the exact same.

Back to HHH/Steiner, that match going 20+ minutes was designed to show up Steiner. There was no way they couldn't know that wasn't the right way to debut him.

Another HHH story that gets ignored a lot now for obvious reasons: When Benoit jumped from WCW, HHH obviously couldn't put a label on him of bad worker, so he started telling people that Benoit was good, and capable of having a great match, but only if he was carried by someone better. That lasted maybe a few days. After the really good Benoit/HHH Smackdown match and the 10-man tag, he dropped that.

I believe he also made it a point to tell everyone that Punk's wrestling style looked "simulated" when he first came in.

Was it Hunter or someone else backstage that tried to knock Punk by saying he just tries to re-enact the puro tapes he watches?

Wasn't the Ede getting pinned on way out of town (leaving Raw for Smackdown) supposedly a HHH booking idea?

Don't remember the exact deal with Booker where he wanted to be in meetings so he could be badmouthed to his face, but I remember there was a bunch of stuff around the King Booker v King of Kings setup and squash that was super douchey.

Oh, and WRT Jericho, there was that item about HHH sarcastically going up to every wrestler on a house show tour and sarcastically gleaming about how Jericho was coming in and will be the savior who brings business up so much that everyone will be swimming in money.

Just to get the time line correct here. This took place after Jericho's recent return to company not the original Y2J intro.

do you remember who Jericho's first official in-ring feud was supposed to be? That's right, Ken Shamrock. Huh, weird that he just so happened to be paired with the most-feared shooter in the company for his welcome party.

I don't think I've ever read anything about Shamrock being feared shooter who took advantage of opponents or was used as enforcer.

WWF had guys who were used as enforcers, but never heard about Shamrock in that position.

Shamrock was athletic worker who did ranas, he was guy the WWF fan wanted to see opposite Jericho.

He also really blatantly sandbagged Eddy Guerrero in their one singles match on the 2004 draft show.

The complete sandbagging of triple suplex was really obvious since it was near in time to the period where he would fly around for Shelton.

Back when WWF allowed for blading; only one match on PPV was allowed to use it so as not to weaken the impact of it (if everyone fights past blood loss, hard to sell anyone wrestler as being tougher for fighting past blood loss). I think it's worth looking at PPVs when HHH didn't have the belt (wasn't in the main) where he was allowed the shortcut of the blade (depriving it of other people trying to get over as main event workers).

HHH bashing has gone "out of fashion" on many boards, but really has he ever credibly put anyone over? You'd think someone with a "mind for the business" as he is often credited would be able to put people over 1/10 of the level Foley did for him in 2000. I think HHH sees his character as the promotional ace but doesn't understand why other promotional aces (Hogan, Misawa, etc) had the connection with the fans that he lacks.

He did put Batista over beyond any shadow of a doubt. He's the one guy who somehow outsmarted HHH at every turn and beat him decisively on PPV something like three shows in a row, before HHH took an extended sabbatical. One could question the wisdom of choosing Batista, of all guys, as the guy to put over, as he's not really a guy who would threaten HHH for the top spot, but he's the one example.

Conspiracy theory time, but isn't it odd that once Jericho finally got himself over as a major heel it's time to go back to the show HHH is on? Any doubts he'll be eating Pedigrees soon?

Jericho looks completely fucked on Raw. Right now, he'd be at best the #3 heel behind Sheamus and Edge, and that assumes Batista really won't stick around past the next PPV. I can see him very easily being lost in the upper midcard shuffle feuding with MVP and Henry on Raw, or worse, being turned babyface when he still has a good deal of momentum as a heel.

Just for the sake of clarity, one was the Owen show and the other was the 9/11 show, but it's interesting how they treat every tragedy the exact same.

You're right. "Bad Steph" tends to run together in my mind, while Trip's awfulness stands out. :P

John

Someone really should start effort to rename the Won Disgusting Promotional Award the "Stephany Mcmahon terrorism interview" tribute award. Much like wrestler of year award became "Lou Thesz/Ric Flair" award or the best brawler became "Bruiser Brody". The pinnacle to which everything else aspires.

It feels like it would be easier to lobby for the name change than to lobby for Orville Brown,Cien Caras or any brit for Hall of fame inclusion.

It's probably worth adding that he didn't attend Brian Pillman's ten bell salute. Made sure to eulogize Eddy and be the guy to put over his best friend Chris Benoit in a tribute match despite screwing with both their careers. Eulogized Chris and choked back tears when he almost certainly was one of the few people on that show who already knew he was a murderer.

Conspiracy theory time, but isn't it odd that once Jericho finally got himself over as a major heel it's time to go back to the show HHH is on? Any doubts he'll be eating Pedigrees soon?

Jericho looks completely fucked on Raw. Right now, he'd be at best the #3 heel behind Sheamus and Edge, and that assumes Batista really won't stick around past the next PPV. I can see him very easily being lost in the upper midcard shuffle feuding with MVP and Henry on Raw, or worse, being turned babyface when he still has a good deal of momentum as a heel.

You're also forgetting about Miz, who feels far fresher than Jericho right now and is arguably higher in the pecking order too.