Pro Wrestling Only

The 2016 MOTY Yes/No Thread

GOTNW

Are those votes. Write ups for votes you already casted. Nominations. Why do you hate punctuation so much.

I edited it I guess there should be a uniformed format for the thread as I was just following the format of the nominations above me

Also, questioning lack of punctuation while improperly using it in the same post is some what comical.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those votes. Write ups for votes you already casted. Nominations. Why do you hate punctuation so much.

I edited it I guess there should be a uniformed format for the thread as I was just following the format of the nominations above me

Also, questioning lack of punctuation while improperly using it in the same post is some what comical.

Kill the thread.

Imagine thinking something can be "proper" in the english language with no universal guidelines and grammar. It's a frivolous matter of aesthetics and getting your point across. I don't think you were particularly good at the latter. Anyway I've figured it out so let's move on.

Nominations:

Shuji Ishikawa vs Hideyoshi Kamitani: BJW 4/10

This match was a great "coming of age" for young Kamitani. Scratching and clawing his way to the finals (including a countout win over Hideki Suzuki that made even the most vehement Kamitani supporter view him as kind of a dick). He shows tremendous fire and goes for Shuji with all he has. All in all, he doesn't quite have enough to get the win, but in the end you're left pleading with him to stay down as he's getting annihilated. There's no Superman comeback. Kamitani fights as hard as he can, but it's not enough.

Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins: CWF Mid Atlantic 3/9

Yes, the infamous 105 minute match. Before Zayn/Nakamura from Takeover Dallas came around, this was a lock to be my MOTY. Best 60+ minute match I've ever seen, hands down. Everything about this match is just fantastic. The build up, the callback spots, the tie-ins to other stories in the promotion, the three distinct "acts" of the match. First part is Lee outclassing Wilkins in a pure wrestling contest for 60 minutes, the next part is a big clusterfuck of interference because WIlkins and his team realize he can't get the job done by himself, the last part is drama filled with amazing kickouts and brutal spots. Everything is done as good as it could be done. I saw some people say they could've cut some time off and I just disagree. For what they wanted to accomplish here, I think they needed all of this time.

There should also be threads for each match, we could link and comment there.

Actually that would be a great way to nominate a match, by giving a link to the thread they created for it with the comments in there.

Do you mean something like this?

Nominations:

Mayu Iwatani vs. Evie (Stardom 2/21)

Meiko Satomura vs. Syuri (Sendai Girls 3/11)

Thunder Rock vs. Matsumoto & Kagetsu (Stardom 4/2)

Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong (Sendai Girls 4/8)

There should also be threads for each match, we could link and comment there.

Actually that would be a great way to nominate a match, by giving a link to the thread they created for it with the comments in there.

Do you mean something like this?

Nominations:

Mayu Iwatani vs. Evie (Stardom 2/21)

Meiko Satomura vs. Syuri (Sendai Girls 3/11)

Thunder Rock vs. Matsumoto & Kagetsu (Stardom 4/2)

Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong (Sendai Girls 4/8)

That's perfect!

https://youtu.be/on8j1YNR3Mc

Nominating Jun Akiyama/Daichi Hashimoto vs Yuji Okabayashi/Yoshihua Uto BJW 04.29.16

I really enjoyed this, Akiyama comes in as the elder statesmen and takes most of the match for his team. The moment between him and Okabayashi are electric, Uto takes the late ass kicking like a man. Really fun tag match that sets up future programs.

Nominating:

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Satoshi Kojima (NJPW, 3/19)

Really enjoyed this match. The focused armwork, attack and ring awareness by Shibata, his mounting frustration and Kojima's exhausted determination, were all compelling pieces of the narrative. There were plenty of stiff shots, too, especially Kojima's elbows. One of Kojima's best performances in awhile.

Jun Akiyama/Daichi Hashimoto vs Yuji Okabayashi/Yoshihua Uto BJW 04.29.16

NO but barely. A fun match to watch with Akiyama really laying a beating down on Uto. I didn't think little Hash added much to the proceedings and I honestly didn't buy Okabayashi as being on the same level to go toe to toe with Jun. I know Yuji has a ton of fans but he has consistently failed to resonate for me.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

NO – The finishing run was entertaining but otherwise, the match felt overly bloated.

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

YES – Not as good as their 2/11 match but still a fun and brainless rush of cringe-inducing spots and machismo attitudes. A solid ‘modern strong style’ parody.

Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi (NJPW, 1/24)

YES – Stylized spot fest that was a lot of fun to watch play out in a NJPW ring. Dragon Lee is so crisp and while the legwork was largely uninteresting, it still played a decent role in the match and wasn't completely ignored.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW New Beginning 2/14/2016)

NO – Not an Omega fan. His over-theatrics bleeds into his selling, which he does to death. The way he throws himself into the corner after a whip. Or takes every bump by turning himself inside out. The limb work was okay but the two rounds of interference killed it for me. The first bit worked, as it led to the dramatic comeback for Tanahashi, but just as the match was picking up momentum again, they cut it off again with the stupid trash can spot and Elgin's overly-choreographed save.

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW 3/4/2016)

YES - Easily my favorite Nahito match of the year. A condense version of their Dontaku match, smartly worked, with Naito being the great weasel dick heel he is, constantly cutting off Ishii's offense and building up to the big apron lariat spot. It wanders a bit into overkill territory but it never gets tiresome and finishes strong.

Kushida vs. Jushin Liger (NJPW 5/3/2016)

YES – Great limb work, great selling, and great callbacks to their tag matches. It felt a little disjointed in places, but definitely better than the Osplay match and one of the top juniors matches of the year.

Isami Kodaka vs Masa Takanashi (DDT, 1/31)

NO - Match felt really clunky and long-winded. The leg vs. neck work was decent for the most part, and Isami was good here. I liked the failed German suplex hold. But the match dragged from a few awkward and slow set-ups with not a lot of payoff.

Shuji Ishikawa vs Hideyoshi Kamitani ( BJW 4/10)

YES - Kamitani's uphill battle against the wall of pain Ishikawa was compelling and fun to get behind, and there were quite a few surprising moments. Definitely the best match of the Strong Climb tournament.

Jun Akiyama & Daichi Hashimoto vs. Yuji Okabayashi & Yoshihisa Uto (BJW 4/29)

YES – This was all Akiyama being surly and punishing Uto with knees, which was a lot of fun to watch. I liked the fire between Akiyama and Okabayashi, and especially enjoyed the crab hold spot. Nothing high end but definitely a fun tag match.

NOMINATING:

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Minoru Suzuki (NOAH, 2/24/16)

Awesome performances from both men. Tons of drama, tons of arm brutality, Minoru being the best heel in the world, and Nakajima fighting and suffering to get the feel good moment of the year. The finish was abrupt but for the methodical pacing of the match, it made sense to me. Easily the best thing out of NOAH this year, which isn't saying much.

WWE main roster

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Royal Rumble, 1/24) – YES

Really fun car-crash of a match. Ambrose feels like he’s been in second gear for the past 6 months, but this a load of fun. Both guys looked like warriors coming out of it, and bonus points for a LMS match not ending via a goofy burying/tying up opponent spot

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Roadblock, 3/12) – NO

Nothing captivating about this one for me, and I never like matches where the regular worker looks ineffective against the barely-even-part-time late 40’s executive. Between this and the WM match, HHH had some real rotten matches this year

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Roadblock 3/12/2016) - YES

Thought this was the only match on the Roadblock show that made it worth my staying up until 4am. Not sure why, but I think these two are each other’s best singles opponent.

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch (WWE WrestleMania, 4/3) - NO

Best match on the card, but still pretty forgettable.

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Payback, 5/1) – YES

Considering the position they were put in after the Enzo incident, I think they did exceptionally well to not only put on a great match, but also bring some life back into a crowd that was understandably uneasy.

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles (WWE Payback, 5/1) – YES

WWE MOTY for me so far. They managed to overcome some septic booking here, with the two McMahon spots really pointless (and after the first one, you knew there was going to be a second). Roman looked as comfortable as he has in a year, and I totally bit the Phenomenal Forearm/rope break nearfall.

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) – YES

I don’t think I like this match as much as a lot of others do (in that I think it was only great rather than blowaway MOTY), but it still deserves a Yes. Really felt like a big time match.

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) – YES

Yes, albeit I thought I’d enjoy this one more. Still, the ending run was terrific, and the only way Bayley’s title run should have ended was like this, with her going down fighting until the last second.

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) – YES

Thought this was pretty easily the best match at Takeover, and one where the blood stoppages actually helped the match. Joe really helped bring Balor out of his shell here, felt like a nasty fight.

American Alpha vs. The Revival (NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016) - YES

Only the 4th best match at Takeover, but would have been match of the night at Mania. Big fan of the Revival, these two teams matched up really well.

WWE

Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns (Fastlane 2/21) - NO

I just don't think the story of them taking out Brock was executed in an interesting enough way. After the first table spot, it became entirely predictable. Reigns just popping up and killing Ambrose with the spear wasn't a great finish and made Ambrose look like a total chump. Fun match but not more than fun.

Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls, Fastlane 2/21) - YES

They have paired for arguably my favorite series of matches this year. Some might call it convoluted but the double stomp spots in this at least hit two important checkpoints: they were pretty sensibly set up, and they looked brutal in execution. Kalisto has been great all year and he and ADR play off one another really well.

Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch (Wrestlemania 4/3) - NO

I felt like the only person who didn't like this a ton when it happened. Absolutely a pretty good match, and a huge feeling moment. But I struggle to see it as more than a fun, kind of sloppy collection of spots with some really special moments sprinkled throughout.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens (Payback 5/1) - YES

They got a grim crowd back into the show through strong work. It's cool to hate on Kevin Owens now but whatever. . . the guy keeps the crowd engaged and invested in his matches at all times. Zayn hasn't connected in as big of a way on the main roster yet but after getting going here he had them also. I don't care about the popping up to hit a clothesline spot. Yes Owens has his move trading tendencies but of all matches to care about that, I don't care about it here. The story is two lifelong friends/rivals going to war on a big stage after all these years. I absolutely will buy them going back and forth like that in this context. The strike exchanges feel real between these two and the finish was a great bully getting one last bomb in and sneaking a win.

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles (Payback 5/1) - YES

Probably my MOTY so far. Styles LAYS IN his forearms. The table spot was a legit crazy moment and one of my favorite table spots ever. The selling of the ribs and leg, respectively, were sublime in certain moments and never more than strong throughout the duration. You knew Styles wasn't winning but the route they took to get to the inevitable was so logical, so effective, and they milked so much drama out of such a wacky situation. They've done a hell of a job building up the Spear as the move to trump all moves, and here they built and built to it until the satisfying ending. Pumped as hell for Extreme Rules and the rematch but I'll be surprised if it can live up to how good this was.

VOTES:

WWE

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Royal Rumble, 1/24) NO

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Fastlane, 2/21) NO

Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls, Fastlane 2/21/2016) NO

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Roadblock, 3/12) NO

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Roadblock 3/12/2016) NO

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch (WWE WrestleMania, 4/3) YES

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Payback, 5/1) NO

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles (WWE Payback, 5/1) NO

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) NO

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) NO

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) NO

American Alpha vs. The Revival (NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016) NO

ROH

Jay Lethal vs. Lio Rush (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) NO

Christopher Daniels vs. Bobby Fish (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) NO

Roderick Strong vs. Moose (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) NO

Adam Cole vs. ACH (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) NO

Evolve

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. & Sami Callihan (EVOLVE 53, 1/22) NO

Tracy Williams vs. Matt Riddle (EVOLVE 55, 1/24/16) YES

Zack Sabre Jr vs. Johnny Gargano (EVOLVE 56, 3/19/16) NO

Fred Yehi vs Drew Gulak (EVOLVE 56, 3/19) YES

Chris Hero vs Tracy Williams (EVOLVE 56, 3/19) YES

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay (EVOLVE 58, 4/1) YES

Matt Riddle vs Zack Sabre Jr. (EVOLVE 59, 4/2) YES

Drew Gulak and Tracy Williams vs. Johnny Gargano and Drew Galloway (EVOLVE 59, 4/2/16) YES

Fred Yehi vs. Chris Hero (EVOLVE 59, 4/2/16) NO

Other US

Mike Bailey vs Sami Clliahn (CZW Seventeen, 2/13) NO

Lio Rush vs Joey Janela (CZW Seventeen, 2/13) NO

Fred Yehi vs Colby Corino (TWE, 2/13) NO

Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins: CWF Mid Atlantic 3/9 YES

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Chris Hero (WWN Mercury Rising, 4/2) YES

Kota Ibushi & TJP & Johnny Gargano vs Marty Scurll & Will Ospreay & Tommy End (WWN Mercury Rising, 4/2) NO

NJPW

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) YES

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) NO

Kushida vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) NO

Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi (NJPW, 1/24) YES

Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto (NJPW Road to New Beginning 1/30/2016) NO

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW New Beginning 2/14/2016) YES

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW 3/4/2016) NO

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Satoshi Kojima (NJPW, 3/19) NO

Will Ospreay vs. Kushida (NJPW Invasion Attack 4/10/2016) YES

Kushida vs. Jushin Liger (NJPW 5/3/2016) YES

Other Japan

Isami Kodaka vs Masa Takanashi (DDT, 1/31) NO

Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Minoru Suzuki (NOAH, 2/24/16) YES

Shuji Ishikawa vs Hideyoshi Kamitani ( BJW 4/10) YES

Jun Akiyama & Daichi Hashimoto vs. Yuji Okabayashi & Yoshihisa Uto (BJW 4/29) NO

UK Indies

Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll (RPW High Stakes 1/16/2016) YES

Marty Scrull vs Will Ospreay (PROGRESS Chapter 25, 1/24) NO

AJ Styles vs Zack Sabre Jr. (RPW High Stakes, 1/26) YES

Jack Gallagher vs Timothy Thatcher (PROGRESS Chapter 26, 2/14) NO

Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll (RPW High Stakes 1/16/2016) YES

If you are going to do a complete bat shit crazy match, this is it. I have no idea how well this will hold up a year or two for now (guessing not well) but it was a wild ride to watch with some absolutely breathtaking sequences.

Nominating:

Los Panteras vs. Dinestia Navarro (IWRG, 1/10)

This rules. You get smooth maestro work from Navarro and Pantera I. Seriously, I was amazed at how quick this re-masked Pantera was. He looks like modern-day Sayama if he was less fat and more agile. You get fired up Hilo del Pantera in a wifebeater looking like he wants to kill somebody and doing really fancy footwork that looks like a mix of old school kung fu and jazz tap-dancing. Like, dude is basically doing parkour off of the brick walls that are the Navarros’ chests. You get Pantera II doing good ranas and taking fantastic bumps out of the ring off Trauma II’s offense. Trauma I hits a bridging submission here that is my favorite spot of the year to date. Really fun finish that makes you want to see this brought back back again - and lo and behold, they did just one week later.

Los Panteras vs. Dinestia Navarro [intercontinental Trios Title] (IWRG, 1/17)
I think the story here is that the first match was non-title and that this is for the belts. This is worked and filmed completely as a 2010 Black Terry, Jr. brawl with a lot of gritty handheld footage of brawling. Everyone here is angrier than they were the week prior. This starts with more of a maestro throwdown with Pantera and Negro Navarro, and even they have a lot of heat. The Navarros spend a surprising amount of this match tearing at masks and roughing up refs. The Panteras take a serious beating, as Negro Navarro relishes punching the younger generation in the face and stomping them when they’re down. Hijo del Pantera remains a great lunatic bump freak, and the kids mount this great babyface comeback where they’re garnering so much sympathy that you really want to see them win and defy the cruel heels. The awesome arrogance of the Navarro sons during this match as they rest in the middle of the ring with their hands behind their heads after having beaten down their opponents was awesome, and should be shown in NXT training montage videos. The chaotic comeback here is three different fights going on at once, including Pantera II throwing boxing jabs at Negro that have the crowd going crazy, while elsewhere in the arena Trauma I begs off like he’s the second coming of Michael Hayes. You also get Trauma II at various points trying to fight two guys at once while jaw-jacking at them, completely willing to get his ass kicked but so filled with rage that he’s going to go down swinging. Every dive in this looks like it could seriously injure everyone involved. The crowd is great too, as they’re amped the whole time and you have lots of kids in Pantera masks. This match even has a worked ear-biting spot. A worked ear-biting spot in 2016! WATCH THIS FEUD. IT IS THE BEST THING IN WRESTLING RIGHT NOW.

Zach Sabre, Jr./Sami Callahan vs. Drew Gulak/TJ Perkins (EVOLVE 54, 1/23)
Sami-TJP opening to this is so fun. Perkins is a surprisingly great addition to the company as he’s a stylistic contrast and everyone else being so different from him makes his dynamo flying really stand out. Wrestling is a game of embellishment, and the way TJP’s stuff seems exceptional here is a great example of how you can still in 2016 condition your audience to watch a slowed-down matwork-and-striking product so that your sporadic high flyer really matters. The matwork here in turn is awesome, as Perkins and Sabre are fantastic escaping in and out of leglocks, Gulak is outright trying to tear apart Sabre’s knee, and Callahan works his controlled frenzy gimmick by doing amateur chain wrestling the way a shark would attempt it in the high seas. The stuff with Callahan kicking Riddle in the head just because he felt like it was awesome. Loved Sabre working this like a strong ace as it was a moment where his size and gawkiness didn’t deter him. TJP going for Romero’s stupid spider-in-the-ropes pose and getting punched out of it by Sabre was great. There’s a moment in the middle of this where Gulak breaks up what would have been a suplex off the top rope from Sabre to Perkins. Something about the way he did it made me think, “That’s what Fuchi or Jumbo would have done in a great 90s All Japan tag.” What’s shocking about this match is that after a while it really seems as good as a good 90s All Japan tag. Some of the late breakups of pins here are excellent stuff that you’re gonna see other indie workers rip off in the years to come. I will say that the final exchange here between Sami and Perkins is just a little overwrought, but when you consider how many great moving parts there were right to the end of this, you can forgive them for going just a little bit over the top in the last couple moves. Great stuff that anyone and everyone should watch.

From what I've seen so far:

WWE main roster

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Royal Rumble, 1/24) - NO

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Fastlane, 2/21) |- NO

Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls, Fastlane 2/21/2016) || 2 yes || 1 no || - NO

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Roadblock, 3/12) || 2 yes || 2 no || - YES

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Roadblock 3/12/2016) || 2 yes || 1 no || = 1- NO

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch (WWE WrestleMania, 4/3) || 3 yes || 2 no || = 1 - YES

Cesaro vs. AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Raw 4/4/2016) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Payback, 5/1) || 4 yes || 1 no || = 3 - YES

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles (WWE Payback, 5/1) || 5 yes || 1 no || = 4 - YES

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) || 3 yes || 2 no || = 1 - YES

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) || 3 yes || 1 no || = 2 - NO

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) || 5 yes || 1 no || = 4 - YES

American Alpha vs. The Revival (NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016) || 3 yes || 1 no || = 2 - YES

ROH

Christopher Daniels vs. Bobby Fish (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Roderick Strong vs. Moose (4/1/16, Supercard of Honor Night 1) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Evolve

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. & Sami Callihan (EVOLVE 53, 1/22) || 2 yes || 1 no || = 1 - YES

Tracy Williams vs. Matt Riddle (EVOLVE 55, 1/24/16) || 2 yes || 0 no || = 2 - NO

Zack Sabre Jr vs. Johnny Gargano (EVOLVE 56, 3/19/16) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - YES

Fred Yehi vs Drew Gulak (EVOLVE 56, 3/19) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Chris Hero vs Tracy Williams (EVOLVE 56, 3/19) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Drew Gulak (EVOLVE 57, 3/20/16) || 1 yes || 0 no || = 1 - YES

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay (EVOLVE 58, 4/1) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Matt Riddle vs Zack Sabre Jr. (EVOLVE 59, 4/2) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Drew Gulak and Tracy Williams vs. JOhnny Gargano and Drew Galloway (EVOLVE 59, 4/2/16) || 2 yes || 0 no || = 2 - NO

Fred Yehi vs. Chris Hero (EVOLVE 59, 4/2/16) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Other US

Trevor Lee vs Roy Wilkins: CWF Mid Atlantic 3/9 || 2 yes || 0 no || = 2 - YES

Zack Sabre Jr. vs Chris Hero (WWN Mercury Rising, 4/2) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Matt Riddle vs Tracy Williams (WWN Mercury Rising, 4/2) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Kota Ibushi & TJP & Johnny Gargano vs Marty Scurll & Will Ospreay & Tommy End (WWN Mercury Rising, 4/2) || 2 yes || 1 no || = 1 - YES

CMLL

Maximo vs Kamaitachi (CMLL, 1/1) || 1 yes || 0 no || = 1 - YES

New Japan

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kazuchika Okada (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) || 3 yes || 1 no || = 2 - YES

Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) || 2 yes || 2 no || = 0 - YES

Kushida vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi (NJPW, 1/24) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW New Beginning 2/14/2016) || 2 yes || 1 no || = 1 - NO

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW 3/4/2016) || 2 yes || 1 no || = 1 - NO

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Satoshi Kojima (NJPW, 3/19) || 1 yes || 1 no || = 0 - NO

Will Ospreay vs. Kushida (NJPW Invasion Attack 4/10/2016) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Kushida vs. Jushin Liger (NJPW 5/3/2016) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - NO

Other Japan

Shuji Ishikawa vs Hideyoshi Kamitani ( BJW 4/10) || 3 yes || 0 no || = 3 - YES

Other random stuff I've seen.

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) YES

Fun WWE "strong style" that exceeded my expectations.

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1) YES

Co-starring blood.

Other US

Mike Bailey vs Sami Callihan (CZW Seventeen, 2/13) NO

Unintentionally funny, but not in a good way.

CMLL

Maximo vs Kamaitachi (CMLL, 1/1) YES

Maximo was so compelling to watch in this. Loved his facials and the touches to the selling.

New Japan

Will Ospreay vs. Kushida (NJPW Invasion Attack 4/10/2016) YES

I'm not Osplay's biggest fan but I love arm killer mode KUSHIDA.

UK Indies

Fun match with cool counters and quick submissions. I liked how the Calf Killer came into play. The finish was pretty great too.

This is in contention for my MOTY at the moment. I thought it was incredible in that it stayed grounded but also had a dynamic feeling to it. The Styles Clash AJ hits here is the greatest one I think i have ever seen. The final moments were incredibly dynamic and even though I knew the end result, I was still biting on some of the finishes. ****1/2 from me.

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles Wrestle Kingdom 10 NJPW 1/4/16

Surprised this hasn't been nominated yet. This was another big match on paper that delivered for me and will only look more important in retrospect with the departure that this match symbolized.

Nomination:

Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Big R Shimizu, & Kzy vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, & Shachihoko BOY vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, & Kotoka: Dragon Gate 2/4

One of the most dramatic matches I've seen in quite some time. Elimination style, losing unit disbands match. It came down to Kzy doing his best to fight for Dia. Hearts honor, including some absolutely insane sequences with Takagi, but in the end, Kzy was overmatched and fell victim to a Galleria from YAMATO.

Nomination:

Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Big R Shimizu, & Kzy vs. Akira Tozawa, Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, & Shachihoko BOY vs. YAMATO, Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, & Kotoka: Dragon Gate 2/4

One of the most dramatic matches I've seen in quite some time. Elimination style, losing unit disbands match. It came down to Kzy doing his best to fight for Dia. Hearts honor, including some absolutely insane sequences with Takagi, but in the end, Kzy was overmatched and fell victim to a Galleria from YAMATO.

You should start a DG thread and force feed it. I've tried getting into it on various occasions, usually after an Alan4L touts something as the greatest thing he's seen. While nothing's connected anywhere near that level yet, I'm determined to figure out what or why I'm missing before I tap out.

Nomination:

You should start a DG thread and force feed it. I've tried getting into it on various occasions, usually after an Alan4L touts something as the greatest thing he's seen. While nothing's connected anywhere near that level yet, I'm determined to figure out what or why I'm missing before I tap out.

When the Dead or Alive PPV hits the Internet, I'll start a thread. Should be rather soon.

I'll just get my YES/NO votes out the way. I will do write-ups on all future matches that I'd like to nominate/vote for.

YES to:

WWE main roster

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Royal Rumble, 1/24)

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Fastlane, 2/21)

Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls, Fastlane 2/21/2016)

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Roadblock, 3/12)

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch (WWE WrestleMania, 4/3)

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Payback, 5/1)

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles (WWE Payback, 5/1)

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

American Alpha vs. The Revival (NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016)

PWG

Drew Gulak vs Timothy Thatcher (PWG Lemmy 1/2/2016)

CMLL

Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi (CMLL 3/4/2016)

New Japan

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

Will Ospreay vs. Kushida (NJPW Invasion Attack 4/10/2016)

UK Indies

Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll (RPW High Stakes 1/16/2016)

AJ Styles vs Zack Sabre Jr. (RPW High Stakes, 1/26)

NO to:

WWE main roster

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Roadblock 3/12/2016)

Cesaro vs. AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Raw 4/4/2016)

WWE NXT

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

Evolve

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. & Sami Callihan (EVOLVE 53, 1/22)

CMLL

Maximo vs Kamaitachi (CMLL, 1/1)

New Japan

Kushida vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

I'll just get my YES/NO votes out the way. I will do write-ups on all future matches that I'd like to nominate/vote for.

YES to:

WWE main roster

Kevin Owens vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Royal Rumble, 1/24)

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Fastlane, 2/21)

Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio (2/3 Falls, Fastlane 2/21/2016)

Triple H vs Dean Ambrose (WWE Roadblock, 3/12)

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte vs Becky Lynch (WWE WrestleMania, 4/3)

Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens (WWE Payback, 5/1)

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles (WWE Payback, 5/1)

WWE NXT

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Sami Zayn (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

Samoa Joe vs Finn Balor (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

American Alpha vs. The Revival (NXT Takeover Dallas 4/1/2016)

PWG

Drew Gulak vs Timothy Thatcher (PWG Lemmy 1/2/2016)

CMLL

Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi (CMLL 3/4/2016)

New Japan

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. AJ Styles (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

Will Ospreay vs. Kushida (NJPW Invasion Attack 4/10/2016)

UK Indies

Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll (RPW High Stakes 1/16/2016)

AJ Styles vs Zack Sabre Jr. (RPW High Stakes, 1/26)

NO to:

WWE main roster

Charlotte vs. Natalya (Roadblock 3/12/2016)

Cesaro vs. AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho (Raw 4/4/2016)

WWE NXT

Bayley vs Asuka (NXT Take Over: Dallas, 4/1)

Evolve

Chris Hero & Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr. & Sami Callihan (EVOLVE 53, 1/22)

CMLL

Maximo vs Kamaitachi (CMLL, 1/1)

New Japan

Kushida vs. Kenny Omega (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 1/4/2016)

Please leave comments as to why, not just votes.